Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fall=Move In



It is that time of year again...Schools are starting back up...kids are moving up a grade...and me...well I upgraded from a dirty dorm to an incredible off campus apartment!
 The only problem is having so much space that needs decorating! Lucky for me I have found some great crafting ideas! Most of these decorations were handmade for under ten dollars! 
Being a big fan of Green and Pink...Lilly Pulitzer has always been my favorite! So I decided to go with that theme when decorating my room! Finding a bed spread was difficult...because I wanted to keep my down comforter, but I could not find a Duvet I liked...but what I did find were some adorable Palm Tree sheets that when sewn together created the perfect duvet! The pink and green of the palm trees allowed me to continue with my Lilly theme! 



Now that the bed was all set up and decorated...(note this was day one...since then PINK curtains have been added)...It was time to decorate the bathroom. I found my shower curtain at target and immedietly fell in love with it! It is very simple but has all my favorite colors! Here is a picture: 



And now I will share MY FAVORITE part of my bathroom...I mean what kind of University of Florida student would I be if there wasnt a SINGLE Gator in my bathroom...Thanks to Target that problem was SOLVED!

Now on the spacious desk area...This is where I had the most room to decorate! I had a few things from my sorority that had to go up (my paddle and my quatrafoil) but the rest of the space was free! :)! And lucky for me my sisters know how much I love pink, so practically everything matched the color scheme! My crafting ability has definitely improved since last year and this has made decorating a breeze! :)! In my next blog I will post directions for the crafts you see! 

So that is a general overview of my NEW college apartment! :)! Unfortunately it will probably not stay this neat and tidy for long...but more decorations are being added and I cant wait to share them! :)! 

xoxo
PPA

No comments:

Post a Comment